It is quite essential for you to go through all the instruction mentioned in this article in order to complete the updating process successfully.
1. The basic requirement for this process is to have a Samsung Galaxy SII GT i9100, windows based Computer and a USB data cable.
2. It is recommended to create the complete backup of your Samsung Galaxy S XXLPJ via clockworkmod or you may lose all the important data present on your device during the update. We are providing you the list of data or files, which you must take backup of all them.
3. Call logs, contacts, Bookmarks, images, music, videos, SMS, MMS settings and APN (Access Point Names) settings etc.
4. Up to 60% of battery power is required for the successfully completion of the update process. Less than this may conclude in incompletion of process due to power issues.
5. Please ensure that you have disabled your Antivirus or firewall on your Computer and uninstalled the same from your Samsung device. As Antivirus or firewall may cause interruption during the process.
6. Enable the USB Debugging on your Samsung device or else your device will not be detected by the Computer. Follow the path – ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging’. Now, check the USB Debugging option to enable it.
Steps and Procedure How to Install Official Android ICS 4.0.3 XXLPJ firmware on Samsung Galaxy SII
1. First of all, you need to download XXLPJ firmware zip file package from here. Name of the file is I9100XXLPJ_I9100XXLPJ_OXA.zip and size will be 376MB.
3. Now extract the Odin3_v1.85.zip file and Run the odin3 v1.83.exe from your Computer.
4. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S II phone and restart it in Download Mode. Press and hold the Volume Down Button, Home Button and Power Button together till it shows the Android image inside the triangle.
5. On the other side connect your Samsung device to your windows based Computer using USB data cable. On connecting your phone and Computer together while Odin3 tool open, you will see a message with highlighted yellow colour added to it in the ID: COM port. This implies that you device has connected to Computer successfully.
6. Then, click on each tab and select the corresponding files to their fields. you can also check below image
8. Once again verify your selection before proceeding. If anything goes wrong your device will be bricked. So make sure that files will placed to their fields.
9. Also, select the option of Auto Reboot and F Reset Time on the Odin3 tool.
10. Then, Click on ‘Start’ button in Odin3 tool.
11. When the flashing process completes, you will find the Passed Green status in Odin and your device will reboot.
Congratulation! Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy S II with XXLPJ firmware – Android 4.0.3 ICS.